Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Nostalgia Effect by E.J. Valson

http://www.amazon.com/Nostalgia-Effect-E-J-Valson-ebook/dp/B00HAPN23U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455726990&sr=8-1&keywords=the+nostalgia+effect




I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review - so here are my thoughts -


I am very interested in this whole time travel/parallel reality "theme" at this point.  Our heroine wakes up - that's how the book starts - in bed - and to her surprise - her ex husband is still her husband.  From there - she finds out - that she still works for the same company - but in a different department, her daughter is the same with the ex husband, but younger - her husbands wife - has passed and she has a new stepmother - her grandparents are alive - her mother appears to be one constant that hasn't changed.


She remembers her current husband, in the other timeline and her child but as time goes by - and she is in the other reality for a year - she begins to lose her memories of them.  Then in comes Astrid and John, empaths - who help her regain her memories and try to figure out why she is here. 


I think she grew up in this new "reality" - Michael and her, her second husband, were in marriage therapy - and I think this helped her save her marriage.  She appeared to me to be somewhat only concerned about herself - and not just trying to get back home - but in general - she seemed shallow -  Astrid told her that "it isn't just your life here on the line -but we have all these other lifes on the line".


Eventually John comes up with a way, after he meets a man that had a similar "situation" as she did - to get her back home.  I would give it a four -


I wanted to take the time to thank everyone for allowing me to read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment