Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Grayling's Song by Karen Cushman

http://www.amazon.com/Graylings-Song-Karen-Cushman-ebook/dp/B011H55J4S/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1454521004&sr=1-1&keywords=grayling%27s+song


Sitting here I just finished this great book - as always I would like to thank Netgalley and Clarion Book along with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt  to have the opportunity to read this book before it is officially released June 7.


This is where I am going to get into a bit of a jam, I realize probably no one views my blog but in case someone does and plans to buy the book- how much do I say without spoiling the story? 


This is a tale of magic and deception and growing up.

Grayling when the book first starts is a timid shy girl who is happy to live under her mom - but by the end of the book - she is ready to go on her own.  After all, she saved all the magicians and magic folks, not just by herself but with the help of other hag witches sorcerers and enchantresses - along with a talking shape shifting loyal mouse.


I highly recommend it - no sex no cursing - even for adults I think this was a great book.


Several times it had me in tears especially when Pook had to be left with Auld Nancy.


Her mother seems very cold - I have to say I think Auld Nancy was more motherly towards her - not to mention Pansy.


I hope that we get to see more books to this series - I have a feeling we will see Grayling and Pansy duke it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment