Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Time-Novel-Julie-McElwain/dp/1605989746/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456856299&sr=8-1&keywords=a+murder+in+time




I have to admit it took me a country minute to get into the book - but only because of the evil and satanic nature of the main bad guy - I am not normally turned off to books about death - but zombies aren't evil - they just want to eat.  The main bad guy though is EVIL through and through.


After I got through that it was smooth sailing.  Kendra Donovan is a super genius child - her parents were both scientists that were for eugenics.  Kendra at the age of 14 declared her independence - when she told her parents she no longer wanted to be a "subject" they pretty much wrote her off as dead.


Kendra is also a FBI agent - and her partners were murdered in a bust gone bad.  Then Kendra wants to exact revenge.  At that point - all I can say is that Kendra maybe went to the place where she was always supposed to be.


There is a serial killer in this book, death, land of lords and ladies, time travel, you name it - it has it.


I especially loved the ending - I think the one thing that would have given me tingles is if they looked and saw a portrait on the wall.


Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to review this book, thank you Julie McElwain for writing it, and Pegasus Books, LLC.



No comments:

Post a Comment