Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Palace Library

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZBASNE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1


Well I just finished this read.  I have to say that I liked it - and I can't wait to read the sequel.  It was reminiscent of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe in some ways - however, it isn't.


If you like reading books without a "heavy" religious overtone - this one is more that style.  They do mention "praying" at one point - but in no reference to any particular deity.  Of course the characters are English, and this was in the early 1900's - so it is safe to say it was God of the Christian belief.


I loved the description of the dog in the painting, Sophie - Eleanor first pets her - and finds the library - she has to convince her two elder cousins that the Library exists.  Turns out that their uncle is part of a council, that is "based in all ages" - so the three of them go back in time to make another sword - Sword of State for the English monarchs. 


We have dragons, and dwarves in the book - and magic - also spies and treachery.


I think it is very clean and appropriate for school age children - Amazon recommends 8 to 12 year olds.


I want to thank the great people at Netgalley for allowing me the pleasure of reading this book.  And the publishers and author of course!  Can't wait to read the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment