Friday, January 15, 2016

Dating Dining and Desperation By Melody Carson

Is the second of the so far four book series, Dear Daphne.


In the book we meet Daphne - who inherits a house, and a nice stipend from her Aunt Dee.  Of course, nothing in life comes free, and along with her inheritance there are some stipulations.  Namely that she marries within a year of the inheritance.


I don't know how many spoilers I want to put here - but I guess I'll be the normal me :)  Daphne finds out that her Aunt Dee is actually her grandmother.  She became pregnant, and instead of terminating the pregnancy, she let her parents adopt her son.  Which would be good I mean it is a Christian novel.
Daphne has no idea and neither did her father.


In this book, her father gets married - we meet a interesting new neighbor from Atlanta and Daphne becomes involved in a child's life - Mabel.  Mabel's mom has passed, and her father is in prison - so her grandmother Vera takes her in.  Vera has cancer and unfortunately dies towards the later end of the book - so while waiting for her uncle to come and take care of her - Daphne takes her in.


Prior "romantic relationships" with her lawyer Jake - look to be heating up at the end of this book.  Jake knows the condition to the inheritance.


I know it sounds disjointed - but this book was a feel good book, to see everyone coming together for Vera and for Mabel was heartwarming.  I can't wait to read the next book - Home, Hearth and the Holidays.  All three books are available for the Amazon Kindle and I am sharing the link - like I said I would give them two thumbs up. :)


http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_18?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=dating+dining+and+desperation&sprefix=dating+dining+and+%2Caps%2C201


I hope to continue to read more books by Ms. Carson.


No sex, no profanity, good wholesome values - :)

No comments:

Post a Comment